Pride is a pretty important part of life. Pride in what you do, in who you are and in how you go about shaping the world around you. At Trine University, it’s a special kind of pride — in ourselves and in the experience we provide — that truly sets us apart.
- We are consistently ranked among the best universities in the Midwest by U.S. News & World Report and the Princeton Review.
- We’ve been identified as a College of Distinction, which recognizes top schools based on engaged students, great teaching, a vibrant community and successful outcomes.
- Our student-to-faculty ratio is 13 to 1, and an average class size of 16, ensuring small classes in which every student makes a difference.
- The average GPA for incoming freshmen is 3.5 with close to 60% in the top 25% of their class (31% in the top 10%).
- The average GPA for the incoming engineering class of 2018 is 3.74.
- Our engineering, education and business programs are accredited and recognized nationally as among the best.
- Our cast metals program is ranked as one of the best undergraduate cast metals programs in North America by the Foundry Education Foundation.
- Our faculty have earned advanced degrees from schools such as Carnegie Mellon, Stanford, Princeton, Yale, Michigan, the University of Chicago, Notre Dame, Virginia Tech and Texas, among others.
- Our beautiful, 450-acre campus in Angola, Ind. is as picturesque, modern and vibrant as any small, private college in the country.
- In the past decade alone more than $75 million was invested for enhancements and the construction of buildings and facilities dedicated to learning, athletics and student life: $12 million in the past year alone.
- Ford Hall, currently under renovation through August 2015, will boast technology-rich classrooms, the Rhoads Center for Entrepreneurship and a design that models the business world. This enhanced learning environment will also offer a laboratory with up-to-the-minute information about stocks being traded and other business news.
- Our spacious student villas and apartments, including Reiners Residence Hall that opens in August 2015, offer some of the finest housing accommodations likely to be found at a college or university.
- Trine's new School of Health Sciences building on Parkview's Randallia campus, Fort Wayne, is the home of Trine's physical therapy program. This location has laboratories, classrooms and offices to support the physical therapy program, launched in fall 2014 with classes at capacity.
- The $8.3 million T. Furth Center for Performing Arts and Ryan Concert Hall is a state-of-the-art venue that provides a prominent place for the arts in the lives of students and the community.
- A nearly 25,000-square-foot facility, the $6 million Jim and Joan Bock Center for Innovation and Biomedical Engineering is stocked with state-of-the-art equipment, a cast metals laboratory, a plastics laboratory, a rapid prototyping laboratory and motion analysis laboratory to support the Allen School of Engineering &Technology and Trine’s Innovation One, an incubator for technology and business to help spur economic development in the region.
- The $13.5 million Rick L. and Vicki L. James University Center offers students one of the most modern and distinct student centers in the country.
- Completed in 2010, the Fred Zollner Athletic Stadium — used for football, lacrosse and soccer — is arguably the finest Division III stadium of its kind anywhere in the country.
- Hershey Hall and Ketner Sports Center offer students indoor recreational facilities, including three gyms, a track, volleyball courts, racquetball courts, tennis courts, a weight room and fitness center.
- Zollner Golf Course, right on our campus, has hosted PGA events and is a three-time host of the National Collegiate Golf Championships.
- 99.7 percent of Trine graduates find employment or are in graduate school within six months of graduation.
- Our network of more than 25,000 alumni will offer you powerful connections in virtually every field, all over the country, throughout your career.
- Affordability – not typical for private colleges: 98% of students receive financial aid averaging $23,500 a year
- A global community at Trine with over 150 international students attending from 16 different countries
- More than 1,900 respected businesses, companies, and organizations around the world seek out our graduates because of the quality of a Trine education.
- Our students have been accepted into prestigious graduate programs at institutions such as Stanford, Yale, Notre Dame, Michigan, Virginia Tech and the Air Force Institute of Technology, among others.
- Last year’s class of education graduates achieved a 100 percent pass rate on the Praxis I and Praxis II state exams.
- Engineering graduates have enjoyed a job placement rate of 95 to 100 percent over the past 10 years, and many start at salaries reaching as high as $60,000.