Click each category for more information about this career opportunity.
Overview of position +
- Employee Type: Full Time
- Required Education: Master's degree in Instructional or Academic Technology or a Bachelor's degree and 2 years minimum professional experience in Instructional or Academic Technology at the university level.
- Location: Angola, IN
Did you know: U.S. News and World Report ranks Trine among the Midwest’s Best Colleges.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities +
The primary role of the Academic Technologist is to consult with students, faculty, administration/staff and guests on ways to enhance the learning and teaching process utilizing technology. The Academic Technologist is also responsible for researching new technologies, supporting and training all on the use of technologies.
A preferred candidate will have at least 2 years experience in instructional technology, instructional design, or related field, and some experience supervising student workers. The candidate must have excellent communications skills and be able to work in a team environment.
- Develop and facilitate online and face-to-face faculty workshops on technologies and new ways of integrating technology into the curriculum
- Find and/or create interactive learning objects for instructional use
- Tier 2 Support for all Academic related Issues (Students, Faculty, Administration/Staff, and Trine Guests)
- Suggest creative ways to solve problems using technology
- Create end user documentation on various computing tasks
- Assist with administration of the online learning management (Moodle) system and developing mechanics of online programs
- Design surveys on technology to evaluate needs and technology usage benefits
- Suggest strategies for new classroom technologies
- Provide a single view to the organization for technology related issues and problems
- Other projects/duties as assigned
- Expert experience with Windows 7.0 and Microsoft Office 2010
- Experience with Adobe Dreamweaver, Flash, Fireworks, Photoshop
- Expert experience with Contribute or other web publishing software
- Experience administering a learning management system
- Knowledge of ITIL methodology, change management processes and risk management processes.
- Experience using a Mobile technologies and tablet software is preferred
Preferred Skill Requirements +
- Experience administering Moodle Learning Management System
- Experience with Apple related technologies (Mac, ipod, iphone, ipad, etc.) a plus
Outstanding Benefits +
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts
- Retirement – after one year of service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match.
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1 ½ times annual salary)
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service Education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children.
- Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine’s policy
Salary will be based on qualifications.
Are you ready to join Trine? Click to apply
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.