3 + 3 Degree Path
We offer a six-year plan of study to qualified students leading to a bachelor's degree in either exercise science or biology and a Doctorate in Physical Therapy. To be accepted into this program, students must:
- Graduate HS with a 3.5 GPA
- Graduate in the top 25% of their HS class (academically), AND
- Have an ACT score of at least 25 or an SAT score of at least 1150.
During the first three years of this plan of study, students need to:
- Complete all prerequisite courses (see course catalog)
- Maintain a 3.5 cumulative GPA
- Complete 40 hours of physical therapy observation
Students who are unable to maintain a 3.5 cumulative GPA may still apply to the DPT program upon completion of a Bachelor Degree through the graduate admission process.
Students enrolled in the 3 + 3 DPT program are considered undergraduates in years one, two and three. The fourth, fifth, and for some their sixth years they are considered a graduate student.
All institutional scholarships for undergraduate programs will not be available during years four, five, and six when they are considered a graduate student.
Students are encouraged to investigate alternative funding opportunities to complete graduate school during these last years.
Take the first step
Ready to get started? Complete an undergraduate application and choose for a major either Biology/DPT 3+3 Program or Exercise Science/DPT 3+3.