All expenses incurred in obtaining a physical, necessary laboratory tests, immunizations and additional health requirements are the responsibility of the student.
- Annual Tuberculosis (TB) Screening:
- 2-step Mantoux at entry OR Gold test (Interferon) annually
- Annual Mantoux OR Gold test
- Chest X-Ray is required if positive TB screen
Required Titers (completed prior to start of the program):
- Mumps titer – * if negative, MMR required
- Rubella titer – * if negative, MMR required
- Rubeola titer – *if negative, MMR required
- Hepatitis B titer - *if negative, Hepatitis B vaccination series required
- Varicella titer – *if titer is negative, 2 varicella vaccinations required
- Tetanus/Diphtheria/Pertussis – adult booster required within the past 5 years
- Annual Influenza
- Others as identified above based on outcome of above titers*
If there is medical contraindication to any required immunization(s), verification from the primary healthcare provider must accompany the health record. When any medical contraindication exists, a waiver must be signed by the student to acknowledge that inadvertent exposure might occur and to release the clinical site and university from liability in the event of exposure. If a student, for whatever reason, elects to waive an immunization requirement(s), placement in a clinical setting cannot be guaranteed. As such, the student may be deemed unable to complete the required clinical education coursework.
Additional Health Requirements
Some clinical education sites have additional health requirements (drug screens, etc.).