BS Software Engineering Objectives and Outcomes
The Software Engineering program assures that:
1. Graduates will exhibit technical excellence and professionalism in their chosen vocations.
2. Graduates will continue to grow professionally, personally, and intellectually.
3. Graduates will communicate clearly and persuasively with their peers, decision makers, and those whom they lead.
4. Graduates will be able to function as integral members of diverse, global, and multifaceted teams.
5. Graduates will maintain and promote ethical principles and social responsibilities; they will value diversity and incorporate non-technical perspectives.
As specified by the accrediting body, these engineering programs assure that students will be able to:
A. apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering;
B. design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data ;
C. design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability;
D. function on multidisciplinary teams;
E. identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems ;
F. demonstrate professional and ethical responsibility;
G. communicate effectively;
H. use the broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context;
I. recognize the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning;
J. discuss contemporary issues;
K. use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools, necessary for engineering practice