The Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a major in Sport Management at Trine University prepares you for expanding career opportunities in the business of sports. By combining the rigorous course work of our BSBA with a concentration in Sport Management that focuses on issues such as risk management, facility planning, and organization and administration of athletics, you will be prepared for a rewarding career with a sports related business.
Students combine their passion for sports with business fields such as project/event management, sales, advertising, operations management and personnel management. Because sport management graduates earn a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, they are uniquely qualified for advancement to senior leadership roles in a wide variety of organizations.
Students develop business knowledge in fields such as:
- finance and
Students also study sports-specific fields such as
- Sports Business Planning,
- Contemporary Issues in Sports, and
- Organization and Administration of Physical Education and Athletics.
Students connect to industry through in-class projects, guest speakers, internships and networking with alumni. Networking is extremely important in today’s sports business industry, and Trine’s alumni network serves as an invaluable resource for today’s students.
Points of Pride
This sport management program prepares you to be an effective leader in the business of sports. Because of the content knowledge of business concepts and the real world experiences that you gain through an internship, Trine graduates are able to choose from a variety of careers based on their passion.
Some of our recent graduates have started careers with major and minor league professional sports organizations, college athletics departments, sporting goods companies, and community recreation departments.
- Combine your passion for sports with a highly-valued degree in Business Administration for maximum career potential
- Prepare for a career in marketing, event management, administration or retail management with sports-related organizations
- Develop the knowledge, analytical and communication skills required for a dynamic career in business
- Our faculty, mentors and career advisors help students understand the diverse career opportunities available to sport management graduates
- Our modular curriculum allows students to customize their degree plan to fit a wide variety of unique personal and career interests
- Students develop leadership skills through coursework and our unique Fellows program that will accelerate their careers long after graduation