Thank you for your interest in nominating a candidate for an alumni award.
Nominations for all categories are selected year around and must be submitted no later than April 25 for consideration for the awards ceremony at homecoming of the same year.
Submitting Nomination Forms
As you prepare and submit a nomination form, please consider the following:
- Read through the award categories to help in selecting the appropriate category for your nominee;
- Supporting documents including resume, cv, LinkedIn profile link (for achievement categories only) and letters of recommendation should be included with the completed nomination form;
- All submissions should be typed;
- Completed nomination forms should be submitted via email, fax (260.665.4805) or mail: Trine University, Office of Alumni and Development, One University Avenue, Angola, IN 46703.
The alumni office of the university will invite nominations for the alumni awards from all alumni. The alumni association board of directors will review all nominations and propose at least two finalists for each award. The university administration, in coordination with the president of the alumni association will finalize the awardees in each category from the list of proposed finalists. Awardees will be informed by an official letter from the university president and alumni association board president.
Letters of Support
Strongly recommended, but optional: letters of support from individuals different than the nominator are strongly encouraged. These letters often provide more complete description of the nominee's accomplishments, contributions and impact. They are very useful for the selection process.
- Achievement category: Identify colleagues or experts in the field, who can speak to the nominee's contributions and impact, to write a letter of support;
- Service categories: Identify alumni, faculty/staff, and community members who have worked with the volunteer and can speak to the nominee's contributions and impact to Trine University, their field or his/her local community.
- Eligibility is limited to individuals who hold an associate, bachelor or master degree from Tri-State College, Tri-State University or Trine University;
- Nominations remain active for three award selection cycles. If your candidate is not selected, you have the opportunity to add supplemental and/or updated information to the individual's nomination packet before the next deadline.