Academic Coordinator/Clinical Coordinator/PA Faculty
Physician Assistant Program
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Trine University seeks highly motivated, energetic, personable and optimistic faculty to join the physician assistant program director and medical director in the development of a PA program. Candidates with the desire to participate in the development and implementation of a high quality, evidence-based and learner-centered curriculum are encouraged to apply.
Trine University’s emerging program in Fort Wayne, Indiana’s second-largest city, will address a significant regional need for outstanding PA graduates. Supported by the region’s two largest health care systems, the program will be based in the newly renovated, state-of-the-art Health Sciences Education Center on Parkview Hospital’s Randallia campus. The PA program is a key component of Trine University’s commitment to developing a world-class interdisciplinary education center in Fort Wayne.
Fort Wayne is home to more than 250,000 residents and is consistently cited for its high quality of life, low cost of living and warm Hoosier hospitality. The three-time All American City Award winner annually attracts millions of visitors to its many attractions, festivals, arts, parks and events. The city is nearly equal distance of around three hours from Chicago, Cincinnati and Detroit.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Responsibilities include contribution to the design, implementation and assessment of the curriculum; teaching, advising and mentoring students; and engaging in scholarship and service activities. Academic and Clinical Coordinators will also oversee the aspects of the respective academic and clinical phases of the PA program.
Education and/or Experience
The individual must:
- Be a physician assistant with minimum of a master’s degree, a current NCCPA certification and eligibility for licensure in Indiana
- Be a physician with current eligibility or unrestricted license as an allopathic or osteopathic physician in Indiana, certified by an ABMS or AOA approved specialty board
Other requirements include:
- An understanding of PA education is desired
- A minimum of two years of clinical experience
- Successful academic experience of a minimum of two years is preferred for the coordinator positions
- Strong organizational and computer skills
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Some benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, flex spending, HSA accounts
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with an employer paid employee life policy valued at 1½ times annual salary
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for an employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service, undergraduate education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Review of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Trine University reserves the right to verify academic and professional credentials prior to extending offers of employment.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.