Academic Coordinator of Clinical Education (Asst/Assoc Professor)
Doctor of Physical Therapy Program
Trine University Rinker-Ross School of Health Sciences seeks qualified candidates to fill the role of Academic Coordinator of Clinical Education (ACCE) for its newly launched Doctor of Physical Therapy degree program. The program was recently granted candidacy status by CAPTE in July 2014 and enrolled its first class in the fall of 2014. The new faculty member will join the School of Health Sciences at a rank appropriate with their history and qualifications.
The program provides instruction for the Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) degree and the University plans to graduate its first class of DPT students in May of 2017. This program has a strong clinical focus that includes integrated clinical experiences in the first semester. The program is located in Fort Wayne, Indiana, less than an hour's drive from the University's main campus in Angola, IN. The newly renovated Health Sciences Education Center is a state of the art facility with exceptional classroom and laboratory resources. The metropolitan area of Fort Wayne, with about 400,000 people, is a cultural, educational and commercial hub of northeast Indiana. Growing health care and life sciences sectors anchor the regional economy and offer a diverse range of experimental placements for students.
Trine University, an internationally recognized, private, co-educational, residential institution, offers degrees ranging from associate to doctorate. Founded in 1884 and accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, Trine operates a 400-acre main campus in Angola and educational centers throughout northern and central Indiana. Trine is very proud of its reputation for preparing graduates who immediately contribute to employment positions in both the public and private sectors. Teaching is the first priority of the institution, and faculty members are expected to contribute to the University's greater community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the progression and growth the newly developed DPT, clinically-oriented curriculum
- Assist the DCE with the development, improvement, assessment and coordination of the clinical education component of the curriculum
- Facilitate quality learning experiences for students during integrated clinical experiences
- Assess students' performance in the clinic
- Educate students, faculty, and the clinical community about clinical education
- Assist the DCE in selecting clinical learning environments that demonstrate excellent student learning opportunities
- Teach assigned courses in the DPT program based on areas of expertise
- Engage in scholarship and service
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience
- A doctoral degree from a USDE recognized regionally accredited university (PhD, EdD, DSc, DPT or equivalent).
- A physical therapist eligible for licensure in the state of Indiana with a record of excellence in contemporary clinical practice.
- Minimum of five years of clinical experience and three years of clinical teaching and/or clinical coordination experience
- A proven record of teaching excellence in PT or PTA education.
- A clearly defined scholarly agenda and a proven record of scholarship and service
- Individuals with ABPTS clinical specialization are encouraged to apply.
- Strong communication, organization, interpersonal, problem solving, and counseling skills.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1½ times annual salary)
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
- Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine's policy
See plan documents for benefit details.
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Application materials should include a focused letter of interest, statement of teaching philosophy and scholarly agenda, a current résumé/CV, and contact information for three professional references. Early submission of materials will afford optimal attention. Review of applications will continue until the position is filled. Ideal start date would be July 2015 or as negotiated. Please apply online and send materials (letter, statement, CV, and references) via e-mail to email@example.com. All applications and nominations will be considered highly confidential. Trine University is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a highly qualified staff that reflects the diversity of our great nation. Questions can be addressed to Dr. Ryan Dombkowski (Associate Professor, Rinker-Ross School of Health Sciences), Chair, DPT Faculty Search Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.