Graduate School, Angola, Indiana
Trine University seeks a part-time individual to provide support to managers at the Dean level or below. Individual will perform diversified and confidential secretarial and administrative duties requiring experience, skill and knowledge of organization policies and practices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Exposure to highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Tight deadlines and pressure; must be able to “learn on the fly”.
- Keep current with new technology.
- Anticipate the manager’s needs for support.
- Must juggle many tasks simultaneously.
- Key Deliverables/Outputs:
- Timely and accurate completion of projects, assignments and quick turnaround of documents.
- Friendly and courteous.
- Plan, organize, schedule and coordinate meetings and appointments; anticipate logistics requirements.
- Identify priorities to meet deadlines.
- Collaborate with other assistants as needed to provide seamless administrative coverage.
- Major Activities:
- Manage travel schedule, plans and expense reports in a timely manner.
- Prepare complex, presentations with graphics, other documents, and reports.
- Organize and update files, reference materials, and confidential / proprietary business information, removing outdated items.
- Screen and prioritize appointments, calls, and respond to inquiries from internal/external sources.
- Initiate routine and some non-routine correspondence with minimal direction.
- Pay invoices, track expenses, and maintain departmental budget.
Education and/or Experience
- A minimum high school or GED diploma and a minimum of 1-2 years business administration experience.
- Ability to maintain confidential and sensitive information.
- Demonstrated intermediate-level knowledge in preparing presentations, managing calendars, screening calls, event and activity planning.
- Flexibility of schedule – ability to work as needed to complete tasks and meet deadlines, including before and after normal office hours.
- Intermediate skills in the use of Microsoft Suite including: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook, including some advanced features.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) including proofreading and editing.
- Positive Attitude with Trine University Ethics and Values.
- Minimum typing speed of 60 wpm with 100% accuracy at that rate.
- Project a professional image at all times while representing Trine University (appearance and demeanor).
- Commitment to working collaboratively with other assistants to maintain seamless coverage, as needed.
- Associate of Arts degree or equivalent experience.
- Ability to implement the latest technology while regularly reviewing emerging improvements/upgrades.
- Comfortable interacting with individuals at all levels, both internal and external.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment, completing several projects simultaneously for various managers.
- Strict observation to safety rules and regulations and strict adherence to process discipline.
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Review of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.