Administrative Assistant, Physician Assistants Program
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Assists the Program Director(s) in the overall functions of the program while following the guidelines of the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Creates and assists with correspondence, both internally and externally.
- Manage travel schedule, plans and expense reports.
- Prepare complex, presentations with graphics, other documents, and reports.
- Organize and update files, reference materials, and confidential/proprietary business information.
- Assists and tracks all budget/requisitions and travel forms.
- Takes meeting notes at department meetings and distributes to faculty.
- Plans and coordinates departmental receptions and functions.
- Assists students when appropriate. Acts as a liaison between department/faculty and prospective students.
- Maintains office supplies.
- Distributes department mail.
- Assists in general upkeep of department, including display cases and bulletin boards.
- Maintains web profile for department
- First point of contact for internal/external inquiries regarding the Physician Assistant Program.
- Facilitate faculty annual performance evaluations.
- Relay timely communication to faculty, staff, and students.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- A minimum of a high school or GED diploma and 1-2 years business administration experience. Associates degree is preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Publisher). Database experience preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to new technology, have good time management, organization and project management skills.
- Detailed oriented.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Some benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, flex spending, HSA accounts
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with an employer paid employee life policy valued at 1½ times annual salary
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for an employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service, undergraduate education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.