Area Coordinator serves as a member of the Department of Residence Life at Trine University main campus and is responsible for assisting in the administration and operation of the Residence Life Department and the Office of Student Services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Area Coordinator has the responsibility to perform the following:
- Assist with Hiring, Training, Supervising and Evaluating Resident Life Staff.
- Assist Campus Safety in the administration and implementation of incidents on campus.
- Be available during breaks to oversee students staying on campus.
- Implement new strategies, programs, and initiatives to help better the experience on-campus for students.
- Serve as a resource for all residents and student staff on campus.
- Maintain daily office hours and project a high degree of visibility and availability to all students and staff members.
- Serve as a judicial coordinator and hear student cases that involve policy violations
- Participate in continuing education, professional, and personal development opportunities.
- Serve on assigned departmental committees and represent the Office of Student Services on campus-wide committees.
- Work closely with the Director of Housing and Director of Residence Life and other departments.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
Education Required: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher learning. Master’s degree in College Student Personnel, College Student Development, Counseling or related field preferred.
Experience and Characteristics Required for the Position: Excellent organizational and human relations skills; ability to handle multiple projects; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with students and other departmental staff. This position requires flexible scheduling that will include evening and weekend work. Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills are necessary. Must be able to work under pressure. This position is required to live on campus and be available in an on-call rotation.
Experience Preferred: Background in residence life or other relatable experience. Implementing assessment strategies collecting and analyzing data. Experience in large scale programming. An understanding and ability to implement student development theory when working with residents and student staff.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Some benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, flex spending, HSA accounts
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with an employer paid employee life policy valued at 1½ times annual salary
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for an employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service, undergraduate education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
Room and board, plus a competitive salary is offered.
Review of applicants begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.