Assistant/Associate Professor - Doctor of Physical Therapy Program
Fort Wayne, Indiana
The faculty at the Trine University Doctor of Physical Therapy program are seeking a teacher/scholar to join our team. We are an energetic, innovative, and dedicated group excited about the program we are building in Fort Wayne, IN.
Highlights of our Program
- Integrated clinical education courses ensure students are learning in the clinic every semester
- A robust interprofessional education component (http://goo.gl/fVTE1i) enables our students to learn alongside students in OTD, MD, PharmD, PA, and NP programs.
- We receive strong support from the two major health systems in Fort Wayne.
- We collaborate with Turnstone (http://turnstone.org/), a center for people with disabilities and a USOC Gold Level Paralympic Sport Club.
- Our facilities on the Parkview Hospital campus are spacious and first class.
- We enjoy a comfortable level of autonomy which enables the use of resources for maximum professional and personal effectiveness.
- Exciting opportunities exist for collaborative research and clinical practice.
- Our University is small and responsive, with an action-oriented administration focused on providing quality education.
We have great momentum. Come see what we are building in Fort Wayne! (http://goo.gl/uGQFlk)
Education and/or Experience
The successful candidate will have:
- A terminal academic degree
- A record of teaching and scholarship
- Eligibility for licensure as a physical therapist in Indiana
Preferred qualifications include:
- ABPTS certification
- Prior teaching experience in an academic program
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
This is a full-time, 12 month position with a preferred start date of May 2017. Application materials should include a focused letter of interest, a current curriculum vitae, and contact information for three professional references. All applications and nominations will be considered highly confidential.
Questions can be addressed to Dr. Ryan Dombkowski (Associate Professor, School of Health Sciences), Chair, DPT Program Faculty Search Committee at email@example.com.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.