Assistant Professor of Accounting
Trine University is a small, private institution located in the beautiful lake resort region of northeastern Indiana. The mission of the University is to provide productive, work-ready graduates to industry. High quality teaching is our first priority and a normal course load is twelve to fourteen credit hours per semester. Faculty members are expected to engage in professional development activities and develop/maintainappropriate industrial contacts.
Trine University invites applications for a full-time faculty position in the Ketner School of Business beginning Fall 2015 with primary teaching responsibilities in the area of Accounting, specifically the ability to teach courses such as Introductory, Intermediate and Advanced Accounting, Auditing, Cost Accounting, Managerial Accounting, Income Tax, Accounting Information Systems, and Auditing. Teaching load is 12 hours per term. Duties will begin August 17, 2015.
The ideal candidate will:
- Demonstrated education or experience that would support the teaching of specified accounting areas
- A demonstrated record of excellence and innovation in teaching
- A commitment to service as a faculty advisor, student organization advisor, and active member of the undergraduate teaching team
- Professional experience in accounting
Education and/or Experience
An earned doctorate in an accounting or closely related discipline is strongly preferred; Minimum qualifications for the position are the CPA/CMA designation and an MS in accounting or a Master's in Business Administration with a concentration in Accounting.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1½ times annual salary)
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
- Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine's policy
See plan documents for benefit details.
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications. In lieu of tenure, the University offers term contracts from one to five years, depending on academic rank and years of service.
Candidates should attach a letter of interest, a curriculum vita detailing all academic and professional experience, (unofficial) graduate transcripts, and the contact information for three references.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.