Assistant Professor - Marketing
Trine University invites applications for a full-time faculty position in the Ketner School of Business beginning Fall 2016 with primary teaching responsibilities in the area of Marketing, specifically the ability to teach courses such as Introductory and Advanced Marketing, Product Development and Strategy, Marketing Research, Consumer (Buyer) Behavior, International Marketing Digital Marketing and Search Engine Optimization. Teaching load is 12 hours per term. Duties will begin August 2016.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The ideal candidate will have:
- Demonstrated education or experience that would support the teaching of specified marketing areas;
- A demonstrated record of excellence and innovation in teaching;
- A commitment to service as a faculty advisor, student organization advisor, and active member of the undergraduate teaching team;
- Professional experience in marketing.
Education and/or Experience
An earned doctorate in marketing or closely related discipline is strongly preferred; Minimum qualification for the position is a Master’s in Business Administration with significant professional marketing experience.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1½ times annual salary)
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
- Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine's policy
See plan documents for benefit details.
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Candidates should attach a letter of interest, a curriculum vita detailing all academic and professional experience, (unofficial) graduate transcripts, and the contact information for three references. Review of candidates will begin immediately and will close when the position is filled.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.