Assistant Professor - Management
Trine University is a small, private institution located in the beautiful lake resort region of northeastern Indiana. The mission of the University is to promote “intellectual and personal development, through professionally-focused and formative learning opportunities, preparing students to succeed, lead, and serve.” Trine University is proud of its reputation for providing graduates who immediately contribute to employment positions in both the public and private sectors. High quality teaching is our first priority; however, faculty members are expected to engage in professional development activities and develop/maintain appropriate industry contacts, as well as significant student advising.
Trine University invites applications for a full-time faculty position in the Ketner School of Business beginning January 2016 with primary teaching responsibilities in the area of Management, specifically the ability to teach courses such as Operations, Supply Chain Management, Lean/Six Sigma, Quality Control, Venture Planning and Project Management. Teaching load is 12 hours per term. Rank and salary will be based on qualifications.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Demonstrated education or experience that would support the teaching of specified Management areas;
- A demonstrated record of excellence and innovation in teaching;
- A commitment to service as a faculty advisor, student organization advisor, and active member of the undergraduate teaching team;
- Professional experience in operations management, preferably in a manufacturing setting.
Education and/or Experience
An earned doctorate in Management or closely related discipline is strongly preferred; Minimum qualification for the position is a Masters of Business Administration.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Some benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, flex spending, HSA accounts
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with an employer paid employee life policy valued at 1½ times annual salary
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for an employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service, undergraduate education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications. In lieu of tenure, the University offers term contracts from one to five years, depending on academic rank and years of service.
Review of candidates will begin immediately and continue until position is filled. Candidates should send a letter of interest, a curriculum vita, detailing all academic & professional experience, plus the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three references
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.