Assistant Wrestling Coach
The Assistant Wrestling Coach will assist the head coach in the day-to-day activities of the sport by supervising student athletes and auxiliary personnel with training, assigning, appraising performance, disciplining and rewarding, addressing complaints and resolving them.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruiting student athletes under the rules and by-laws of Trine University, the conference and the NCAA
- Evaluate prospect pool through attendance at high school or sport organization contests
- Scout opponents and organize scouting reports
- Monitor academic progress of athletes and supervise academic study tables
- Assist in planning and conducting daily practices
- Organize and coach the junior varsity program with the assistance of the head coach
- Manage and facilitate the recording of matches
- Assist in promotion of the sport program on campus and in the community
- Assist in fund raising activities, camps and clinics for the sport and for the athletic department
- Assist in the transportation of student-athletes to and from contests
- Other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor Degree from a four-year college or university; Masters degree preferred. Proven record of success in intercollegiate athletics including recruiting; Division III experience desired.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1½ times annual salary)
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
- Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine's policy
See plan documents for benefit details.
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Review of applicants begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.