Assistant/Associate Professor of Humanities & Communications
The Department of Humanities and Communication invites applications for a permanent, full-time faculty position at the Assistant or Associate Professor rank. Ideally, the position will be filled prior to the Fall semester which begins August 2016.
The ideal candidate will have experience in and the ability to teach a wide variety of undergraduate courses in humanities and communication. Preference will be given to applicants having relevant expertise and the ability to teach first-year composition. Excellent English communication ability is a must. This position is a teaching position, hence, a strong commitment to teaching is required.
Education and/or Experience
The position requires at least an M.A./M.S. in English (Literature or Composition) or Communication. Preference will be given to candidates with a Ph.D. and a proven record of excellence in teaching.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Some benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, flex spending, HSA accounts
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with an employer paid employee life policy valued at 1½ times annual salary
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for an employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service, undergraduate education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Applicants should send a detailed CV, a letter describing their qualifications for teaching the classes and the laboratories, copies of undergraduate and graduate transcripts, and arrange to have three letters of recommendation.
Review of applicants begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.