Biology Lab Instructor
The Science Department of Trine University invites applications for a full-time biology lab instructor beginning in January 2017.
Teaching responsibilities will focus on general biology laboratories. Other responsibilities will include preparing materials for labs and working with other faculty on the lab curriculum.
Education and/or Experience
Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree in the biological sciences with a Master’s degree preferred.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Some benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, flex spending, HSA accounts
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with an employer paid employee life policy valued at 1½ times annual salary
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for an employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service, undergraduate education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Interested candidates should apply online and include a detailed CV, a letter describing their qualifications for teaching the classes and the laboratories, copies of undergraduate and graduate transcripts, and arrange to have three letters of recommendations available.
Review of applicants begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.