Maintenance/Building Mechanic - Electrician
Trine University - Campus Operations Departments welcomes applicants for the position of Maintenance/Building Mechanic - Electrician. Campus Operations maintenance personnel provide services designed to create a vibrant, welcoming and safe environment by maintaining assigned areas through general maintenance, inspections, minor construction and repairs of University assets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties include but not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Performs safety inspection of facility’s Life Safety Equipment, (fire extinguishers, exit signs/lights and emergency lights, generators, fire doors, fire alarm systems).
Performs safety inspections and repairs of buildings, fleet and grounds.
Performs security inspections and repairs of exterior doors and windows.
- Locate university owned underground utilities
- Serve as lead electrician - provide other mechanics/maintenance personnel direction on electrical related items.
- Maintain fire alarm system device inventory
- Wire commercial and residential lighting, switches, motors, pumps, fans
Monitor and adjust programs and daily schedules in building systems computer.
Troubleshoot and repair of commercial refrigeration, chillers and air conditioning systems.
- Troubleshoot and repair residential and commercial electrical systems
Monitors daily operation of heating, cooling, water conditioning and domestic hot water boilers.
Perform minor repairs on electrical, mechanical, and plumbing systems (ballast replacement, switch replacement, filters replacement, unplugs sinks and stools, etc.).
Performs minor repairs to interior and exterior finishes (ceiling tile, floor tile, carpet, painting, glass, cabinets, chalkboards, book shelves, bulletin boards, walls, doors, railings and partitions, etc.).
Performs inspections and minor repairs to exterior (roof, roof drains, down spouts, etc.).
Performs preventive maintenance tasks for electrical, HVAC and plumbing systems.
Completes and submits the required paperwork (timesheets, work orders, material slips, etc.).
Communicates effectively with site resident director, resident assistant, administrators, Deans, faculty and staff.
Communicates and reviews short and long term needs of site to Director of Campus Operations.
Orders necessary maintenance materials and supplies or inventory control.
Employee shall be available for after hour return to work requests.
Employee shall be available for occasional week-end work.
Employee is required to participate in the after hour on-call rotation.
Employee will assist with snow removal
Education and/or Experience
High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED), Electrician license or certificate or three to five years of experience with electrical building maintenance. Applicant must be willing to complete a skills assessment prior to the final interview. Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1½ times annual salary)
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
- Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine's policy
See plan documents for benefit details.
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Review of applicants begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.