Career Services Director/Capacity Building Manager
Employee Type: Full Time Location: Angola, IN Experience: A bachelor's or master's degree in a related degree area (Psychology, Career Counseling, Organizational Development, etc.) and minimum three years related experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. Proficiency in Microsoft Office is required.
Serves as the primary driving force and advocate of Career Services to the multiple constituencies it serves. Manages and balances requirements of Career Services and its staff, while following the guidelines of the University.
Did you know: U.S. News and World Report ranks Trine among the Midwest's Best Colleges.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Directs day to day operation of Career Services
- Mentors and advises Career Services staff
- Manage total workload of Career Services and divide responsibility among staff to support all requirements of Career Services
- Determines Strategy and vision for Career Services consistent with Innovation One and Trine University Mission, Goals and Vision
- Leads effort to rebrand Career Services to more closely align it with required functions as a department of Innovation One
- Primary responsibility for marketing of Career Services throughout the region
- Assists in recruiting i1 industry partners
- Makes monthly service visits to all Trine University branch campuses or assigns to staff as appropriate
- Facilitates on-boarding and training of new Career Services staff
- Manages, plans, and implements all Career Services events including career fair, resume workshops, etc.
- Promotes Career Services events and partner career fairs across all campuses or assigns to staff as appropriate
- Manages and maintains all Trine University careers web-sites or assigns to staff as appropriate
- Enhances usage of technology to further integrate regional job and career websites with Trine University or assigns to staff as appropriate
- Responsible for recruiting, matching, management and evaluation of i1 experiential learning assignments or assigns to staff as appropriate
- Responsible for recruiting, matching, management and evaluation of SPS experiential learning assignments or assigns to staff as appropriate
- Participation on University committees as assigned
- Adherence to employee handbook vision, values, goals and responsibilities
- Collaborates and assists with grant reporting, including project data collection, and report submission in a timely manner
- Responsible for Trine University placement data reporting and statistics semi-annually, including intern, co-op and full-time placement data
- Move Career Services forward in a manner that is consistent with the most innovative implementations to serve students, industry, and the University
To perform this job successfully, a candidate will have excellent written and oral communication skills, and must be able to perform each essential duty. Customer service experience is desired. The candidate will be able to adapt to new technology and have good time management, organization and project management skills. Detail orientation is necessary. Previous career counseling and/or industry experience is preferred. The ability to handle a fast-paced, emergent and multi-task work environment is essential. Must work well with people, and have the ability to maintain confidentiality with highly sensitive information. Candidate must be able to lift up to 40 pounds in the performance of duties.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Language Skills: Individual must be fluent with the English language.
- Mathematical Skills: Individual must possess adequate mathematical skills.
- Reasoning Ability: Individual must possess adequate reasoning skills.
- Computer Skills: Individual must possess above average computer skills with various software applications relative to this position.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: None required.
- Other Skills and Abilities: Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Physical Demands: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work Environment: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts.
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match.
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1 ½ times annual salary)
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children.
- Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine's policy.
See plan documents for benefit details.
Salary will be based on qualifications.
Are you ready to join Trine? Click to apply
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.