Director – Master of
Employee Type: Full Time
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Experience: Minimum of a Master's degree (Doctorate preferred) in an appropriate healthcare field.
If a physician assistant, current PA national certification and eligibility for IN
state licensure. If a physician, past or present certification by an ABMS- or AOA-
approved specialty board, eligibility for IN licensure as an allopathic or osteopathic
physician, and knowledge about current PA practice standards and the PA role. Minimum
of 2 years of experience in a full-time academic appointment with teaching responsibilities
at the graduate level.
Physician Assistant Studies
Trine University School of Health Sciences seeks qualified candidates to fill the role of Director for its new Physician Assistant Studies degree program. The successful candidate will have the vision to lead this new program and support the University's greater mission of preparing students to succeed, lead, and serve.
The program will provide instruction for the Master of Physician Assistant Studies (MPAS) degree and the University plans to enroll its first class of PA students in January of 2017. The program will be located in Fort Wayne, Indiana, less than an hour's drive from the University's main campus in Angola, IN. The metropolitan area of Fort Wayne, with about 400,000 people, is a cultural, educational and commercial hub of northeast Indiana. Growing health care and life sciences sectors anchor the regional economy and offer a diverse range of experimental placements for students.
Trine University, an internationally recognized, private, co-educational, residential institution, offers degrees ranging from associate to doctorate. Founded in 1884 and accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, Trine operates a 400-acre main campus in Angola and educational centers throughout northern and central Indiana. Trine is very proud of its reputation for preparing graduates who immediately contribute to employment positions in both the public and private sectors. Teaching is the first priority of the institution, and faculty members are expected to contribute to the University's greater community.
Did you know: U.S. News and World Report ranks Trine among the Midwest's Best Colleges.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Design a practice-oriented curriculum
- Work closely with the Dean of the School of Health Sciences in the development and implementation of the new program
- Lead the ARC-PA accreditation process
- Contribute to the design and renovation of facilities for the PA program
- Establish collaborative relationships, including sites for experiential placements, within the healthcare community of Fort Wayne and the region
- Teach assigned courses in the MPAS program and engage in scholarship and service
- Prepare the PA Program annual budget for submission
- Lead the recruitment of prospective academic and clinical faculty
- Guide PA program assessment and the utilization of data to improve instructional quality
- Assist the development staff with external funding and fundraising
- Provide consultation and direction to undergraduate faculty and the Office of Admission on developing strategies to recruit future high achieving candidates to the MPAS program
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Proven record of teaching excellence in physician assistant or medical education
- Proven effective leadership and management in an educational setting, preferably in medical or PA education
- Record of excellence in clinical practice
- Motivated to create a model physician assistant program
- The ideal candidate will have experience with PA program development, ARC-PA accreditation.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. An individual must be able to safeguard confidential and sensitive information. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Language Skills: Individual must be fluent with the English language
- Mathematical Skills: Individual must possess adequate mathematical skills
- Reasoning Ability: Individual must possess adequate reasoning skills
- Computer Skills: Individual must possess above average computer skills with various software applications relative to this position
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: None required
- Other Skills and Abilities: Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required
- Physical Demands: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Work Environment: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1 ½ times annual salary)Education – after 6 months of full-time service education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
- Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine's policy
See plan documents for benefit details.
Competitive salary will be based on qualifications.