Director of Speech Language Pathology
Trine University School of Health Sciences seeks qualified candidates to fill the role of Director for its new Speech Language Pathology degree program. The successful candidate will have the vision to help lead this new program and support the University’s greater mission of preparing students to succeed, lead, and serve.
The program will provide instruction for the Masters in Speech Language Pathology (MSLP) degree and the University plans to enroll its first class of students in August of 2018. The program will be located in Fort Wayne, Indiana, less than an hour’s drive from the University’s main campus in Angola, IN. The metropolitan area of Fort Wayne, with about 400,000 people, is a cultural, educational and commercial hub of northeast Indiana. Growing health care and life sciences sectors anchor the regional economy and offer a diverse range of experimental placements for students.
Trine University, an internationally recognized, private, co-educational, residential institution, offers degrees ranging from associate to doctorate. Founded in 1884 and accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, Trine operates a 400-acre main campus in Angola and educational centers throughout northern and central Indiana. Trine is very proud of its reputation for preparing graduates who immediately contribute to employment positions in both the public and private sectors. Teaching is the first priority of the institution, and faculty members are expected to contribute to the University’s greater community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Director will:
- Design a practice-oriented curriculum
- Work closely with the Dean of the School of Health Sciences in the development and implementation of the new program
- Lead the CAA accreditation process
- Design the renovation of facilities for the MSLP program
- Establish collaborative relationships, including sites for experiential placements, within the health care community of Fort Wayne and the region
- Assign courses in the MSLP program and engage in scholarship and service
- Prepare the MSLP Program annual budget for submission
- Recruit prospective academic and clinical faculty
- Guide the MSLP program assessment and the utilization of data to improve instructional quality
- Assist with external funding and fundraising
- Provide consultation and direction to undergraduate faculty and the Office of Admission on developing strategies to recruit future high achieving candidates to the MSLP program
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience
Qualifications for the Director of the Masters in Speech Language Pathology Program include the following:
- Doctoral degree in speech-language pathology, audiology, or in speech, language, and hearing science.
- Experience with CAA programmatic accreditation.
- Appropriate credentials and licensing in order to provide academic and clinical education to students within the program.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a full-time academic appointment with teaching responsibilities at the graduate level
- Proven record of teaching excellence speech-language pathology education
- Proven effective leadership and management in an educational setting
- Motivated to create a model speech-language pathology program
The ideal candidate will have experience with MSLP program development and CCA accreditation. The position offers a competitive salary and benefits.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1½ times annual salary)
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
- Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine's policy
See plan documents for benefit details.
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Application materials should include a focused letter of interest, a current résumé, and contact information for five professional references. Early submission of materials will afford optimal attention. All applications and nominations will be considered highly confidential. Trine University is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a highly qualified staff that reflects the diversity of our great nation.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.