Director of Student Leadership and Service
Under the direction of the Vice President of Student Services, the Director of Student Leadership and Success has administrative responsibility for providing and coordinating opportunities for leadership development. The Director works in collaboration with faculty and staff to develop a student leadership program. The incumbent serves as an advisor to the university student government and clubs to encourage the development of student groups with extracurricular and co-curricular student engagement programs, e.g. student activities, special student-led conferences, and cultural event series.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include, but are not limited to:
- Plan, negotiate contracts, schedule, organize and oversee student activities and participate in Week of Welcome, Bingo for Bucks, Totally Random Events, Homecoming, Finals Week Activities, Senior Celebration, and other major campus wide events.
- Supervise student workers.
- Market all student activities, including social media, Trine University App, and TV monitors.
- Advise Greek Leadership Council (GLC); Approve all Greek events.
- Advocate for various student needs and issues
- Establish, maintain and support positive relationship with students
- Manage T. Furth Center for Performing Arts ticket site
- Pursue professional development opportunities
- Recommend purchase of equipment to Dean of Students
- Work with the Office of Student Services during special events, providing support as required
- Position requires some night and weekend work to successfully perform duties
- Other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience
Master's Degree in College Student Development, Higher Education Administration or related field preferred; effective supervision, administrative, organization, written and oral communication skills; experience in conflict resolution, mediation, application of student development theory; excellent decision making skills. Must have ability to work autonomously and able to utilize excellent judgment. Position requires working during evening and weekends hours as needed. Must also have experience supervising, working with, and addressing needs of a diverse student community. Experience with computer applications is required.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1½ times annual salary)
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
- Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine's policy
See plan documents for benefit details.
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Review of applicants begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.