Director of Wellness Services
The Director of Wellness serves as a member of the Office of Student Services at Trine University main campus. This position is responsible for the coordination of a variety of health and wellness programs. Skills and characteristics required for the position include excellent organizational and human relations skills; ability to handle multiple projects; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with students and other departmental staff. This position requires flexible scheduling that includes evening and weekend hours. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are necessary. Candidate must be able to work under pressure.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Schedules appointments for counseling and health care services
Maintains Parkview Hospital Trine Campus database
- Develops and coordinates programming that addresses issues such as prevention of sexual assault, alcohol and drug abuse, mental health, promotion, nutrition, fitness, sexual health, sleep, and resistanence.
- Maintains student Title IX and VAWA training compliance records
- Maintains Health Center
- Serves as editor of Tune-Up-Trine newsletter
- Serves as advisor for various student organizations
- Develop new evidence-informed programs (e.g. peer education)
- Lead the communication and promotion of a coordinated wellness message to the Trine University community (e.g. health/wellness fairs, social media public displays
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university and one to two years experience perferred. Applicant must have CPR, first aid, AED and universal precautions training.
This position requires flexible scheduling that includes evening and weekend hours. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are necessary to present programs to large student audiences. Candidate must be able to work under pressure.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Some benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, flex spending, HSA accounts
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with an employer paid employee life policy valued at 1½ times annual salary
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for an employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service, undergraduate education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Review of applicants begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.