The Employment Specialist serves as the main resource for employment opportunities for both internal and external interests for their assigned focus area(s). The Employment Specialist is responsible for all aspects of operations and service as they pertain to students and employers. Serves as the primary driving force and advocate of the Employment Resource Center to the multiple constituencies it serves. Manages and balances requirements for their assigned area, while following the guidelines of the University.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Contribute to the Employment Resource Center
- Maintain all aspects of the career services department to ensure quality delivery of programs for your assigned focus areas.
- Collaborates cross‐functionally to ensure Employment Resource Center programs and materials are aligned with university strategy.
- Contribute to the department’s Social Media Strategy
Executes Employment Strategy
- Manages Career Services Team to collaborate with academic departments to assist with the employment of students in part‐time and permanent employment, work‐study programs, and internship and externship opportunities for your assigned focus area.
- Coordinate experiential learning opportunities (i.e. job shadow, internships, co-op, and course project opportunities available to ) for your assigned focus area.
- Contribute to Co-operative Education Program as assigned
- Responsible for planning and implementing innovative marketing strategies for identifying a diverse group of potential employers and internship provide Develops and maintains systems and processes used to identify employment opportunities for students.
- Maintains consistent and frequent communication with students and potential employers during the job search to influence a positive outcome.
- Maintains an active lead generation process to ensure targeted, quality job opportunities are available for students and graduates.
- Keeps students informed of employment activities and opportunities (e.g., job fairs, employer recruitment events, current open positions, etc.).
- Interpret and provide results for career development self-assessments
- Maintains university’s online job posting board
- Plans, organizes and executes employer recruitment events.
- Provide resume, cover letter writing, professional development strategies, and resume referral assistance to students by assigned schools.
Participate in Networking Plan for Department
- Track previous, current, and prospective employers as well as current and former students through a Contact Management System.
- Support methods for central information management throughout the university.
Utilize data driven methods
- Assist in the identification of “Key Metrics” that will serve as indicators for the department’s status towards university and department goals.
- Work within systems and monitoring intervals to determine progress and update metrics as department needs change and develop.
Participate in the Collection, Maintenance, and Reporting of Relevant Data
- Ensures that all placement‐related data is accurately maintained in database system for your assigned area.
- Prepares and presents reports for senior leadership to share key insights and opportunities (e.g., job market landscape, employment trends impacting programs, placement statistics, ).
- Conducts exit interview sessions for graduates and collects documentation to be maintained in university database
- Surveys employers and graduates to measure the effectiveness of programs offered.
- Leverages collected data (e.g., student retention, student satisfaction surveys, student graduation rates, graduate surveys, etc.) to improve career services processes.
Collaborate with University Development
- Develop and maintain relationships with strategic employers for the advancement of the university
- Interact with senior executive leadership alongside university administration to develop university partnerships
- Advance alumni engagement with the university through cross-functional efforts for development efforts
- Assist with alumni mentor network efforts: A collaborative project with the Alumni & Development Office to establish and maintain a database including alumni, business partners, career services, professionals, faculty, and other key constituents.
Assist the Office of Admissions in recruitment of new students
- Presenting and speaking about career services, internships and job placements at recruitment events.
- Communicating both quantitative and qualitative evidence to prospective students and their families about the benefits and advantages of career services for finding excellent internships and jobs after graduation.
Coordinate Faculty Collaborative Visit Program
- A collaborative learning program for faculty and key teaching constituents to increase their knowledge of local companies and industries. Assist and coordinate for your assigned area.
Maintain a plan for employer & faculty learning modules
- Coordinate training that provides guidance in the elements of successful experiential learning programs and ways to encourage students to engage in internship and co-operative education programs.
Supervise Career Services Student Workers (Work Study or Interns)
- Provide training, supervision, and activity guidance
- Oversee student community service activities
Education and/or Experience
Prefer Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university, and two or more years of successful recruiting experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Some benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, flex spending, HSA accounts
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with an employer paid employee life policy valued at 1½ times annual salary
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for an employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service, undergraduate education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Review of applicants begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.