Enrollment Specialist - PeoriaEmployee Type: Full Time Location: Peoria, AZ Experience: Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university. Preference will be given to candidates with previous experience working in a not-for-profit, private college/university office of admission and/or financial aid.
This position has the responsibility of attracting and recruiting new students to Peoria, Arizona campus of Trine University, along with the development, implementation and management of specific recruitment-related programs.
Working with the enrollment and financial aid staff in Peoria, Arizona and from the main Trine University campus in Angola, Indiana, and reporting to the Director of Enrollment in Peoria, the Enrollment Specialist has primary responsibility for one-to-one recruitment of prospective students in an assigned territory from inquiry to enrollment by various means including but not limited to telemarketing, application processing, and travel.
Did you know: U.S. News and World Report ranks Trine among the Midwest's Best Colleges.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This position reports directly to the Director of Enrollment in Peoria. The Enrollment Specialist's primary responsibility is to assume recruitment responsibilities, including prospective student telecounseling, presentations on the University and financial aid, coverage of college fair programs, applicant follow up, etc. The Enrollment Specialist also assists with group campus visitation programs (e.g. open houses), staff and student employee training, website monitoring/maintenance and campus tour program. The Enrollment Specialist has a limited responsibility for assisting the Director in planning, implementation and evaluation of all programs and efforts, which seek to enroll an academically talented and culturally diverse student body. Other duties as assigned by the Director of Enrollment and/or by his/her supervisor(s).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have an appreciation for the value of a comprehensive liberal arts, engineering and sciences education, a valid driver's license, enthusiasm for and ability to do regional and state-wide traveling, experience and skill working with computers and software programs (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Jenzabar EX, etc.), and able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Language Skills: Individual must be fluent with the English language.
- Mathematical Skills: Individual must possess adequate mathematical skills.
- Reasoning Ability: Individual must possess adequate reasoning skills.
- Computer Skills: Individual must possess above average computer skills with various software applications relative to this position.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: None required.
- Other Skills and Abilities: Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Physical Demands: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work Environment: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The ideal candidate is someone who enjoys sales and the challenge of making and closing a sale, very extroverted and friendly in nature, enjoys working with persons (traditional-aged students and their parents, and non-traditional, adult students), mature and professional, articulate and communicative, self-motivated and assertive, competitive, very organized, highly driven and goal-oriented, a team player with a positive "can-do" attitude.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts.
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match.
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1 ½ times annual salary)
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children.
- Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine's policy.
See plan documents for benefit details.
Very competitive and commensurate with experience
Are you ready to join Trine? Click to apply
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.