Executive Director of International Services
The EDIS oversees the Office of International Services and its staff, and is responsible for the successful development and implementation of centralized, comprehensive, strategic, systematic, coordinated, and highly efficient processes for the successful intake, assimilation, and academic success of international students including undergraduate and graduate degree-seeking students on the main campus and in SPS, Peoria as well as international students in the ESL program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- The EDIS will lead the campus-wide processes, policies, and procedures that provide crucial student support services to international students in the areas of recruitment, enrollment, immigration regulations, cultural adjustment, support services, English language instruction, and community interaction/integration.
- The EDIS will also assist or lead as instructed by the Senior Vice President in facilitating current and new international student agreements with various international universities, agencies, and organizations that create academic partnerships and facilitate enrollment of international students at Trine.
- The EDIS is responsible for day-to-day operations with a proactive orientation to staff development, customer service excellence for students, and campus awareness and acceptance that complements and serves the academic mission of Trine University and supports a diverse international student body that persists, succeeds and graduates.
- The EDIS works in close partnership, collaboration, cooperation, and synergy with the President’s Cabinet and other University faculty and staff in the development and implementation of best practices for international student services.
- The EDIS will demonstrate and implement best practices in international student recruitment, enrollment processes and proficiencies, student retention, financial aid services, student programming, student support services, and campus enhancement of diversity awareness and appreciation.
- The EDIS will monitor the interface between the University and SEVIS
- The EDIS will lead in the hiring, training, supervision, and evaluation of direct reports and assigned personnel.
- The EDIS will travel to the SPS Regional Center in Fort Wayne and to the Peoria, Arizona campus as necessary.
- The EDIS will implement special international programs for students to enhance the academic and student experience for internationals as well as all members of the Trine community in enriching their global awareness and diversity appreciation.
- The EDIS will be dedicated to providing high quality services to all constituencies of Trine University, and will exhibit the highest professional and ethical standards in recruitment including those of the Trine University and the United States Department of Homeland Security and Department of Education. S/he will also be committed to the tenets of the University's Strategic Plan including its Mission, Vision, Values, and Goals.
- Other duties as necessary and assigned
Education and/or Experience
Minimum of a Bachelor Degree and 2 to 4 years of related experience working with students in higher education.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1½ times annual salary)
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
- Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine's policy
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Review of applicants begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.