Trine University is seeking a full-time goundskeeper who will be responsible for creating a safe, attractive environment by assisting in the care and maintenance of the University's grounds, athletic fields and Zollner Golf Course.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct safety inspection of grounds equipment, fleet and assigned areas
- Conduct quality inspections of Trine property
- Set-ups for special events
- Perform tasks; mowing, trimming, edging, seeding and landscape/flower bed care
- Supervise student or seasonal workers
- Perform snow removal of sidewalks, steps, parking lots and other Trine property
- Trim or remove trees
- Remove litter from Trine Property
- Transport trash from buildings to designated locations
- Maintain parking lots
- Maintain parking lot signage
- Maintain shop and grounds equipment safe working condition
- Prepare athletic fields for practice and competition
- Perform quality control inspections weekly of assigned area
- Provide Superintendent with budget input for the maintenance and capital improvement of grounds properties and equipment needs
- Demonstrate ability to operate grounds equipment; bobcat, tractor, zero turn mowers and golf course equipment
Education and/or Experience
A High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED) is required. Lawn care experience preferable.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, product label instructions, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands and arms; climb and balance on ladders; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; see, talk, hear and smell. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and strong enough to operate industrial-type equipment.
- Work Environment: While performing the essential functions of this job an employee is occasionally exposed to wet, and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes and/or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Must maintain a valid driver's license
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Some benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, flex spending, HSA accounts
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with an employer paid employee life policy valued at 1½ times annual salary
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for an employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service, undergraduate education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.