Help Desk Specialist - School of Professional StudiesEmployee Type: Full Time Location: Angola, IN Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field.
- CCNA certification preferred.
- Experience with administering online courses, preferably Moodle.
- Knowledge of widely used hardware, software, applications, resources, and techniques within an academic environment.
- Experience with web authoring tools, web-based collaboration environments, and presentation software.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a complex workload, prioritize tasks, and provide services.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to interface creatively with individuals across a broad spectrum of backgrounds and expertise.
- Willingness to travel to remote campuses to resolve classroom concerns and hold training sessions with SPS faculty and staff.
- Willingness to be available 24/7 to support the needs of SPS faculty, staff, and students.
This position is dedicated to providing customer service for Trine University Technology customers, including students, faculty and administration. The Technician provides coordinated leadership in support of the school's technology related functions. Represents the instructional, simulation, and teaching needs/interests of the faculty. Faculty support for all SPS courses utilizing Moodle, the university's Learning Management System (LMS). Collaborates with the Dean and faculty to identify, develop, and support technologies that will enhance learning in off-campus and distance based courses in support of the school's strategic objective of using technological innovation to advance the academic mission of the school. This position reports to the Help Desk Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages the Moodle Certification Course for online instructors.
- Identifies, selects, and implements collaboration tools, security programs, and assessment tools.
- Responds to and investigates SPS Help Desk tickets.
- Creates end user documentation and training sessions related to SPS technology needs for faculty, staff, students and guests.Identifies opportunities to implement new technologies.
- Manages the introduction of technology at all new and existing School of Professional Study campuses.
- Manages and identifies opportunities for improving the school's eTextbook initiative.
- Moodle administrator for the university's Learning Management System.
- Work with campus directors to ensure classroom technology meets academic needs of students by routine maintenance and resolving issues.
- Oversee the student ID process, submission of photos, printing and distribution of ID cards.
- Coordinate, contribute, and edit bi-monthly newsletter for all SPS locations.
- Consistently provide exemplary service as measured by customer feedback and performance against service level goals.
- Provide telephone and desk side end user support of technologies employed at Trine University.
- Use communication appropriate to audience delivered in a friendly and courteous manner with consistent positive attitude.Participate in the implementation of help desk best practices.
- Other projects/duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 4+ years of experience in a Technology support role.
- Advanced knowledge and troubleshooting of personal computer technologies.
- Experience troubleshooting software.
- Knowledge of networking topologies, including wireless.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to empathize with customers of varying technical skill levels.
- Work independently and in a team environment.
- Great attention to detail.
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks in an organized fashion.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive customer and internal information.
- Foster Trine University success through a professional appearance, being courteous to customers & associates, and by exhibiting a positive attitude
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. An individual must be able to safeguard confidential and sensitive information. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Language Skills: Individual must be fluent with the English language.
- Mathematical Skills: Individual must possess adequate mathematical skills.
- Reasoning Ability: Individual must possess adequate reasoning skills.
- Computer Skills: Individual must possess above average computer skills with various software applications relative to this position.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: None required.
- Other Skills and Abilities: Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Physical Demands: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work Environment: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts.
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match.
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1 ½ times annual salary)Education – after 6 months of full-time service education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children.
- Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine's policy.
- See plan documents for benefit details.
Salary is highly competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Are you ready to join Trine? Click to apply
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.