Employee Type: Full Time
Required Education: High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED) is required.
Location: Angola, IN
Experience: Willingness to perform duties associated with commercial cleaning, including operating industrial-type cleaning equipment such as high-speed buffers, scrubbers, and carpet cleaners; cleaning restrooms; moving heavy items such as tables and chairs and caring for all responsible equipment.
Did you know: U.S. News and World Report ranks Trine among the Midwest's Best Colleges.
The general duties of the Housekeeper is to maintain the safety and cleanliness of classrooms, restrooms, hallways, offices, gyms, auditoriums and any other areas inside and outside each building.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
include, but not limited to, the following: sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, striping and waxing of floors; washing windows and window sills; select, measure and mix products for cleaning jobs; clean, sanitize and polish restrooms and their fixtures; clean and polish classroom and office furniture; remove waste and debris; replace light bulbs and clean fixtures; set up tables and chairs for special events; stock closets with cleaning and paper products and sweep and shovel walkways 10' from all entrances.
Salary: Salary will be based on qualifications.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts
- Retirement – after one year of service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match.
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1 ½ times annual salary)
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service Education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children.
- Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine's policy