Information Services Librarian - TS
Trine University seeks a dynamic and resourceful individual with teaching, technology, and collaboration skills to participate as a member of its leadership team in the development and delivery of innovative and quality services. This position offers an excellent opportunity to contribute in a wide range of information, instructional, and technology functions, work with great faculty and students, and to help a small academic library achieve its fullest potential.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Information Services Librarian participates in the planning, assessment, policy making, development, design, application, and integration of programs and relevant technologies within the library and information environment that meet its mission of supporting teaching and learning. This position oversees the Library's Technology Services unit and serves as a librarian liaison handling reference, instruction, collection development, and other duties as assigned.
- Leads the exploration, evaluation, and deployment of emergent technologies specific to library services and access to information
- Serves as webmaster for Library and Information Services (LIS) – monitor (analytics) and maintain the library's website
- Coordinates technology training and continuing education programs for LIS staff
- Analyzes issues, coordinating with other agencies as needed to troubleshoot and resolve
- Oversees digital initiatives with emphasis on improving efficiencies and designing and delivering content for mixed internal and external audience
- Leads and coordinates with other librarians the design and evaluation of services and products that provide the best user experience possible
- Serves as the database administrator for the Integrated Library System (e.g. Worldshare Management Services)
- Manages and supports information technology infrastructure (e.g. WorldCat Discovery, etc.)
- Communicates with appropriate service or technology providers regarding agreements, contracts, or support
- Acts as an administrator for electronic resources and provides leadership in solving problems associated with delivery to include access, archiving, and authentication
- Handles teaching and consultative (e.g. instruction and reference) duties in assigned liaison areas within the University’s academic concentrations
- Contributes to the development and maintenance (selection, weeding, and assessment) of collections in physical and online formats within assigned subjects
- Assists in promoting and publicizing the library, playing a visible role in the campus community to further information literacy and library awareness and to ensure promotional efforts address library goals, objectives, and priorities
- Maintains a working knowledge of university learning applications and tools
- Participates in policy, budget formation, and operational decisions as appropriate
- Recruits, hires, schedules, trains and supervises student interns assigned to Library and Information Services
Education and/or Experience
- ALA-accredited MLS or equivalent degree
- Strong commitment to professional development and customer service
- Effectiveness in organizational, interpersonal, collaborative, problem-solving, decision-making, and communication skills
- Relevant professional experience in teaching and instructional design
- Academic library experience in public services
- Experience with integrated library systems and library technologies
- Knowledge of intellectual property and copyright issues
- Experience with digital media tools for graphic design and video editing, such as Adobe Creative Suite
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Some benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, flex spending, HSA accounts
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with an employer paid employee life policy valued at 1½ times annual salary
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for an employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service, undergraduate education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Review of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.