Innovation One Executive Director
Employee Type: Full Time
Location: Angola, IN
Experience: A bachelor's degree in business and or engineering or engineering technology and minimum three years related experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience is preferred. Proficiency in Microsoft Office is required.
Serves as the primary liaison for Innovation One (i1) and its departments to the multiple constituencies served by Innovation One, while following the guidelines of the University. Articulates constituent needs to i1 employees, as well as the University, and responds appropriately back to constituents.
Did you know: U.S. News and World Report ranks Trine among the Midwest's Best Colleges.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- On-going point of contact for internal/external i1 projects
- Promotes, organizes, and manages annual Innovation Challenge
- Primary responsibility for marketing of Innovation One services throughout the region
- Responsible for recruiting i1 industry partners
- Primary point of contact for KSB liaison/Rhoads Center for Entrepreneurship Director
- Participation on University committees as assigned
- Adherence to employee handbook vision, values, goals and responsibilities
- Leads and manages grant reporting, including project data collection, and report submission in a timely manner
- Identifies prospective regional partner companies through the leveraged use of business directories, leads from existing internal and external constituents, and attendance at trade shows and conferences
- Contacts new and existing industry partners to discuss their needs, and explain how i1 can meet those needs
- Maintains the regional "needs assessment" database
- Answer regional industry questions about i1 project capability, costs, and availability
- Negotiate costs and terms of agreements
- Delivers quotes/contracts per specifications in a timely manner
- Manages the kick-off of projects to assure comprehension in i1 work-flow
- Confer with clients and i1 staff/faculty/students to determine project requirements
- Relay timely and appropriate communication to i1 staff, employees, students, and faculty
- Follow-up with clients to ensure satisfaction, answer questions, and address concerns
- Examine materials and costs to determine optimal production methodology
- Secure and/or renew contracts and arrange terms
- Recommend alternatives to clients, demonstrating the efficacy of alternatives
- Responsible for managing and overseeing i1 plastics training program(s)
- Review completed work to assure quality, correctness, and completeness
- Understand status of all on-going projects to assist in avoiding delivery concerns
- Provide appropriate feedback to up-date projects database
- Assist in vetting process for Innovation One projects
- Assist with research and development for projects
- Assists with grant writing as needed
- Contributes to the publishing of i1 monthly newsletter
- Contributes to grant reports as required and directed
- Facilitate i1 employee annual performance evaluations
- Contributes to preparation of faculty contracts
- Contributes to preparation of other constituent contracts for i1 as needed
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, a candidate will have excellent written and oral communication skills, and must be able to perform each essential duty. Customer service, and/or retail sales experience desired. The candidate will be able to adapt to new technology and have good time management, organization and project management skills. Detail orientation is necessary. Previous sales engineering experience is preferred. The ability to handle a fast-paced, emergent and multi-task work environment is essential. Must work well with people, and have the ability to maintain confidentiality with highly sensitive information. Candidate must be able to lift up to 40 pounds in the performance of duties.
- Language Skills: Individual must be fluent with the English language.
- Mathematical Skills: Individual must possess adequate mathematical skills.
- Reasoning Ability: Individual must possess adequate reasoning skills.
- Computer Skills: Individual must possess above average computer skills with various software applications relative to this position.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: None required.
- Other Skills and Abilities: Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Physical Demands: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work Environment: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts.
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match.
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1 ½ times annual salary)
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children.
- Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine's policy.
See plan documents for benefit details.
Salary will be based on qualifications.
Are you ready to join Trine? Click to apply
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.