Instructional Design & Moodle Administrator
The Instructional Design & Moodle Administrator is dedicated to providing customer service for Trine University Technology customers consisting of students, faculty and administration. This position provides faculty support and administration of Moodle, the university’s Learning Management System (LMS). The Instructional Designer and Moodle Administrator guides the customer regarding the use of Moodle assuring customer satisfaction. The ability to work both independently and in a team environment providing call center services and desk side support is required. The position is part of the I.T. Help Desk and reports to the Help Desk Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Tasks include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Works collaboratively with faculty subject matter experts in the development and import of course content
- Develop and present workshops and follow-up support for faculty on instructional tools
- Integrate current educational technologies to promote effective teaching strategies and to improve student learning experiences.
- Design online modules, incorporating a variety of web-design and instructional tools that include graphics, streaming video and audio, and flash.
- Assist faculty and students through LMS administration, integration, training and support
- Configure, administer, maintain, update and document the Moodle LMS environment
- Respond to inquiries and requests from users for Moodle-related assistance as escalated through the support process
- Occasional travel to branch campuses may be required
- Assist in Help Desk support and customer service through password resets, troubleshooting, and other general functions
- Other duties as assigned as the position and department grows
- Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree in instructional design, instructional technology, education, or related field; OR appropriate combination of education and experience
- Working knowledge of Learning Management System(s) (e.g. Blackboard, WebCT, Moodle, etc.).
- Basic understanding of Internet, Academic, and computer technology
- Experience designing, developing and implementing programs of instruction, including web- and/or computer-based training
- Experience with Microsoft Office, PowerPoint in particular
- Strong analysis and problem-solving skills; high level of attention to detail
- Customer service and solutions oriented attitude
- Ability to communicate in writing and verbally with both customers and vendors in support of resolving issues
- Ability to explain technical concepts in non-technical terms
Education and/or Experience
- 2 or more years of instructional design and/or LMS experience preferred
- Experience designing courses for an online educational environment
- Experience in higher education environment
- Experience teaching/taking courses in an online environment
- Experience with Distance Education and adult learning online
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Some benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, flex spending, HSA accounts
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with an employer paid employee life policy valued at 1½ times annual salary
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for an employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service, undergraduate education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Review of applicants begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.