Campus Operations - Painter
Trine University - Campus Operations Departments welcomes applicants for the position of summer painter. Campus Operations maintenance personnel provide services designed to create a vibrant, welcoming and safe environment by maintaining assigned areas through general maintenance, inspections, minor construction and repairs of University assets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties include but not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintains building/room history of paint used
- Provide building mechanics with required paint for touch painting
- Performs minor repairs to interior and exterior finishes (ceiling tile, floor tile, carpet, painting, glass, cabinets) in preparation for painting.
- Performs painting services with roller, brush, sprayer to interior and exterior surfaces
- Performs services that include latex, oil, epoxy, stain and spray paints
- Performs work from the ground, step ladder, scaffold, extension ladder, scissor lift or boom lift
- Performs minor dry wall repairs
- Completes and submits the required paperwork (timesheets, work orders, material slips, etc.).
- Communicates effectively with customer or students, faculty, staff or Administration
- Communicates and reviews short and long term needs of site to Director of Campus Operations.
- Employee shall be available for after hour return to work requests.
- Employee shall be available for occasional week-end work.
- Assists with traffic control when needed for events
- Performs tasks and leaves site clean and free of paint overspray, drips
- Maintains assigned service cart/vehicle to University Standards
Education and/or Experience
High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
Review of applicants begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.