Campus Operations - Painter
Trine University - Campus Operations Departments welcomes applicants for the position of Painter. Campus Operations maintenance personnel provide services designed to create a vibrant, welcoming and safe environment by maintaining assigned areas through general maintenance, inspections, minor construction and repairs of University assets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties include but not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs safety inspection of facility’s Life Safety Equipment, (fire extinguishers, exit signs/lights and emergency lights, generators, fire doors, fire alarm systems).
- Performs safety inspections of equipment or fleet.
- Supervises seasonal personnel hired to assist with painting.
- Maintains building/room history of paint used
- Provide building mechanics with required paint for touch painting
- Performs minor repairs to interior and exterior finishes (ceiling tile, floor tile, carpet, painting, glass, cabinets) in preparation for painting.
- Performs painting services with roller, brush, sprayer to interior and exterior surfaces
- Performs services that include latex, oil, epoxy, stain and spray paints
- Performs work from the ground, step ladder, scaffold, extension ladder, scissor lift or boom lift
- Performs minor dry wall repairs
- Completes and submits the required paperwork (timesheets, work orders, material slips, etc.).
- Communicates effectively with customer or students, faculty, staff or Administration
- Communicates and reviews short and long term needs of site to Director of Campus Operations.
- Orders necessary maintenance materials and supplies or inventory control.
- Employee shall be available for after hour return to work requests.
- Employee shall be available for occasional week-end work.
- Duties may include unlocking and locking of buildings and/or University property.
- Employee may assist with snow removal to maintain a safe environment.
- Assists with traffic control when needed for events
- Performs tasks and leaves site clean and free of paint overspray, drips
- Maintains assigned service cart/vehicle to University Standards
Education and/or Experience
High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and three years of residential or commercial related experience.
Applicant must maintain a valid driver's license.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1½ times annual salary)
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
- Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine's policy
See plan documents for benefit details.
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Review of applicants begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.