Program Director - Doctor of Physical TherapyEmployee Type: Full Time Location: Fort Wayne, IN Experience: An earned, post-professional doctoral degree from a USDE recognized regionally accredited university (PhD, EdD, DSc or equivalent). A physical therapist eligible for licensure in the state of Indiana with an understanding of and record of excellence in contemporary clinical practice. Minimum of 6 years experience in a full-time academic appointment with teaching responsibilities at the graduate level along with appropriate leadership, research, and service experience to warrant senior faculty status. Time Frame: Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Ideal start date would be May 2015 or as negotiated.
Trine University School of Health Sciences seeks qualified candidates to fill the role of Director for its newly launched Doctor of Physical Therapy degree program. The program was recently granted candidacy status by CAPTE in July 2014 and enrolled its first class in the fall of 2014. The successful candidate will have the vision to lead this new program towards full accreditation and support the University's greater mission of preparing students to succeed, lead, and serve.
The program provides instruction for the Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) degree and the University plans to graduate its first class of DPT students in May of 2017. The program is located in Fort Wayne, Indiana, less than an hour's drive from the University's main campus in Angola, IN. The newly renovated Health Sciences Education Center is a state of the art facility with exceptional classroom and laboratory resources. The metropolitan area of Fort Wayne, with about 400,000 people, is a cultural, educational and commercial hub of northeast Indiana. Growing health care and life sciences sectors anchor the regional economy and offer a diverse range of experiential placements for students.
Trine University, an internationally recognized, private, co-educational, residential institution, offers degrees ranging from associate to doctorate. Founded in 1884 and accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, Trine operates a 400-acre main campus in Angola and educational centers throughout northern and central Indiana. Trine is very proud of its reputation for preparing graduates who immediately contribute to employment positions in both the public and private sectors. Teaching is the first priority of the institution, and faculty members are expected to contribute to the University's greater community.
Did you know: U.S. News and World Report ranks Trine among the Midwest's Best Colleges.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the progression and growth the newly developed DPT, practice-oriented curriculum
- Work closely with the Dean of the School of Health Sciences in the development and implementation of the new program
- Lead the CAPTE accreditation process
- Teach assigned courses in the DPT program and engage in scholarship and service
- Develop and manage the DPT Program annual budget
- Evaluate, mentor, and foster the development of academic and clinical faculty
- Guide DPT program assessment and the utilization of data to improve instructional quality
- Assist the development staff with external funding and fundraising
- Implement and manage the policies and procedures of the DPT Program
- Develop long-term plans for the growth and development of the program
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Proven record of teaching excellence in physical therapy education
- Proven effective leadership and management of curriculum, budgets, and personnel in an educational setting
- Motivated to develop the DPT program and work harmoniously with the development of other new programs in Trine University’s School of Health Sciences
- The ideal candidate will have experience with PT program development, administration, and CAPTE accreditation.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. An individual must be able to safeguard confidential and sensitive information. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Language Skills: Individual must have the ability to read, analyze and interpret the most complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquires or complaints. Ability to write speeches and articles using original or innovative techniques or style. Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups, and/or board of directors. Must be have a high level of proficiency in the English language.
Mathematical Skills: Individual must have the ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such task as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
Reasoning Ability: Individual must have the ability to apply logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formula’s, scientific equations, graphs, musical notes, etc) in its most difficult phases. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
Computer Skills: Individual must possess above average computer skills with various software applications relative to this position.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Licensure as a Physical Therapist in the State of Indiana is required.
Other Skills and Abilities: Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required
Physical Demands: Significant amounts of hearing, sitting, standing, talking, and walking are required. Close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focal point will be required. Individual will also need to use their hands to finger, handle and feel. Individual will occasionally be required to drive and reach with their arms. Individual will be required to occasionally lift up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment: Representative of a normal office environment with a low noise level.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1½ times annual salary)Education – after 6 months of full-time service education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
- Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine's policy
See plan documents for benefit details.
Competitive salary will be based on qualifications.
Are you ready to join Trine? Click to apply
Application materials should include a focused letter of interest, a current résumé/CV, and contact information for five professional references. Early submission of materials will afford optimal attention. Please apply online and submit materials (letter, CV, and references) via e-mail to email@example.com. All applications and nominations will be considered highly confidential. Trine University is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a highly qualified staff that reflects the diversity of our great nation. Questions can be addressed to Dr. Ryan Dombkowski (Associate Professor, School of Health Sciences), Chair, DPT Program Director Search Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.