Science Department Laboratory Technician
The position of Science Department Laboratory Technician requires as individual who is highly organized, has a background in sciences, can work with a variety of individuals, and has good communication skills. This position is a full--time staff position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The duties of the laboratory technician are the following listed in order of priority:
- Creates and revises safety rules and regulations with regards to OSHA standards
- Conducts regular inspections for OSHA standards for the laboratories, preparations rooms and chemical storage rooms and submits detailed laboratory reports to the Dean
- Communicates with faculty regarding the need for equipment, reagents or specimens for laboratories on a weekly basis making sure that needed items are in place for the appropriate lab experiment's
- Train or supervise work study students in the preparation of the equipment, reagents or specimens needed for experiments on a weekly basis
- Communicate and coordinate the compliance with OSHA standards
- Maintain order in the shelving and inventory of chemicals and supplies
- Other duties as assigned by the Chair of the Science Department and the Dean of the Jannen School of Arts and Sciences
Education and/or Experience
The laboratory technician should possess a Bachelor of Science degree or higher in one of the basic areas of science, preferably chemistry, biology or physics. A degree in biochemistry is preferred.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1½ times annual salary)
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
- Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine's policy
See plan documents for benefit details.
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Review of applicants begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.