Trine University is seeking part-time/seasonal groundskeepers who will be responsible for creating a safe, attractive environment by assisting in the care and maintenance of the University's grounds, athletic fields and Zollner Golf Course.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Operating equipment (tractors, deck mowers, bob cat, push mower etc.)
- Weed-eating along (buildings, curbs, trees, fences, bunkers, ponds, flower, signage)
- Push-mowing, debris pickup, raking leaves
- Landscaping and flower bed care
- Athletic field maintenance
- Special event set-up
Education and/or Experience
A High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED) is required. Lawn care experience preferable.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, product label instructions, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands and arms; climb and balance on ladders; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; see, talk, hear and smell. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and strong enough to operate industrial-type equipment.
- Work Environment: While performing the essential functions of this job an employee is occasionally exposed to wet, and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes and/or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Must maintain a valid driver's license
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.