Senior Admission Counselor
Under the direction of the Dean of Admissions, the Senior Admission Counselor has the responsibility of attracting and recruiting new students to Trine University, along with the development, implementation and management of specific recruitment-related programs.
Working with the enrollment staff from the main Trine University campus in Angola, Indiana the Senior Admission Counselor has primary responsibility for one-to-one recruitment of prospective students in an assigned territory from inquiry to enrollment by various means including but not limited to telemarketing, application processing, and travel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- The Senior Admission Counselor’s primary responsibility is to assume a key territorial recruitment assignment, including prospective student telecounseling, presentations on the University and financial aid, coverage of college fair programs, applicant follow up, etc.
- Annually, the Counselor is responsible for providing the Dean with a comprehensive marketing plan to recruit new students, which thoroughly analyzes and assesses Trine’s key markets and concludes with the counselor’s realistic and “stretch” goal projections.
- This person also assists with group campus visitation programs (e.g. open houses), staff and student employee training, website monitoring/maintenance and campus tour program.
- The Senior Admission Counselor has limited responsibility for assisting the Dean in planning, implementation and evaluation of all programs and efforts, which seek to enroll an academically talented and culturally diverse student body.
- In addition, the Counselor assists in training and supporting new Admission Counselors and assumes special project assignments.
- Other duties as assigned by the Dean of Admission.
Education and/or Experience
One to two years of prior admission counselor experience and a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university is required. Preference will be given to alumni and candidates with previous experience working in a private college/university office of admission and financial aid.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have an appreciation for the value of a comprehensive liberal arts, engineering and sciences education, a valid driver’s license, enthusiasm for and ability to do significant traveling, experience and skill working with computers and software programs (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Jenzabar, etc.), and able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1½ times annual salary)
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
- Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine's policy
The salary is very competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications. Advancement opportunities also available based on performance.
Review of applicants begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.