The Trine University Business Office is looking for a motivated individual to join their team as a staff accountant. The staff accountant is responsible for the maintenance of the general operating cash account, purchase orders, reporting and providing superior customer service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Reconcile general operating bank account and monitor all aspects of direct loan disbursements.
- Process endowment transfers for staff accountant in charge of donation deposits.
- Process ACH cash entries thru A/P for vendor tracking.
- Process Purchase Requisitions processed by academic departments.
- Be the liaison for academic budget buddies.
- Process academic department purchase card reports.
- Annual closing of general ledger and opening of new fiscal year.
- Monthly prepaid entry.
- Monthly investment account entry and track entry on Investment spreadsheet.
- Monthly allocation of postage, envelopes and letterhead.
- Maintain log of checks
- Reimbursement of employees via payroll
- Post payroll to general ledger
- Provide monthly JE report to VP for approval
- Track bank, payroll and credit card fees in the effort to minimize expenses
- Destroy 45 day old checks received for payment/donation
- Verify daily cash/check deposit to bank
- Process yearly Business Tangible Returns
- Annual audit duties
- Maintain and invoice international agent fees for all programs
- Maintain international student spreadsheet breakdown
- Maintain Memorial and Schell loans
- Invoice charter schools and Education One
Education and/or Experience
A minimum of an Associates Degree and two-four years of experience required.
Candidates should have knowledge of general accounting procedures, strong organizational skills and prioritizing, independent work skills, be detail-oriented, possess computer skills especially the knowledge of relevant accounting software, proficient in data entry, attention to detail and accuracy, confidentiality, problem-solving skills, ability to meet deadlines, ability to interact with employees and customers in a professional manner, and team work.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1½ times annual salary)
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
- Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine's policy
See plan documents for benefit details.
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.