Trine University is seeking a person to be responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware, software and related infrastructure. The position requires competencies in server hardware, Windows domains, server virtualization, SAN’s, IIS, SCCM, Office 365 and server backup solutions. Work is performed under the general direction of the IT Operations Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, install, configure and update physical and virtual Windows based servers.
- Monitor and maintain file and application servers.
- Architect Active Directory data standards, processes, integrations, and oversee execution of such
- Troubleshoot problems with networks, web services, mail services, applications software, desktop/server relationship issues and overall aspects of a server environment
- Oversee design and support of Office 365 environment.
- Manage server backups and data restores.
- Administer VMware vSphere and vCenter environments.
- Package and Deploy software via Microsoft SCCM.
- Maintain broad knowledge of operating systems, programming languages and hardware
- Investigate, evaluate, and recommend new technologies
- Manage vendor relationships
- Define client technology standards and processes, with input from Operations staff
- Report to Project Manager on status of assigned projects
- Provide backup support for network administration
- Assist Help Desk with client support as needed
- Ghost Imaging of new hardware
- Share rotating on-call night and weekend support times to ensure timely, excellent customer service.
- Use help desk ticket system and document progress for work performed.
- Software License administration and server installation
- PC Rotation project lead each summer
- Other projects/duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience required. Certifications: MCSA, MCSE or MCITP desired.
- 5+ years’ experience in a Systems Administration function
- Advanced knowledge and troubleshooting of Windows Server 2003, 2008 & 2012
- Knowledge and troubleshooting of Office 365, VMWare ESX, vCenter, ISA, SCCM, IIS, Backup Exec, and SANS
- Experience configuring and maintain iSCSI and Fiber channel SAN’s
- Working knowledge of web application security, understanding of vulnerabilities and countermeasures
- Experience with installation, tailoring, and configuring client PC’s
- Knowledge of networking and networking hardware
- Exposure to one or more of the following; Linux (RedHat/SUSE/Ubuntu), Visual Basic Script, HP ProCurve, firewalls, wireless, Mac workstations in a windows Domain
- Contribute to development of infrastructure strategic plan
- Ability to execute projects on time and handle multiple tasks in an organized fashion
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive customer and internal information
- Foster Trine University success through a professional appearance, being courteous to customers & all associates, and by exhibiting a positive attitude
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1½ times annual salary)
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
- Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine's policy
See plan documents for benefit details.
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Review of applicants begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.