Applying for Aid
There are many pieces of information we need in order to make sure we can get you the most financial aid possible. Below is a list for you to make sure we have everything.
- Apply for admission
- Be accepted into a degree seeking program as an eligible student at one of our eligible locations.
- Complete the FAFSA by the March 1st deadline at www.fafsa.gov. This is to be completed annually. Please remember our school code for the FAFSA is 001839.
- Activate your MyTrineFA account online to have access to all your financial aid information.
- Turn in all requested documents to financial aid.
- Review your financial aid offer and accept/decline awards through MyTrineFA.
Trine prepares new students aid packages in early March. Returning students will have their packages prepared after spring semester is completed, then they are registered for fall and housing assignments are made. That process generally begins in April and continues through July.
Make sure that you are registered for full time enrollment and that all of your FAFSA information is accurate. If you have been selected for verification please send in those required documents ASAP as it can affect your aid.
Don't think you will qualify? Read this first...
Pulled from a BLOG on the Department of Education's website, here are "7 Myths About the FAFSA and Applying for Financial Aid" which everyone should read.