Drama club to take on Shakespeare production in November
Trine University’s Drama Club will perform “Macbeth: The Story of the Witches” at 7 p.m. Nov. 10-12 in Wells Theatre at Taylor Hall.
The Drama Club will present Shakespeare’s tale of Macbeth as told by the witches, who narrate the play. Fresh from victorious battle with Norway, Macbeth is promised by the witches to become king. After a brief struggle with honor and ambition, his wife helps him take the steps necessary to fulfill his destiny – killing the king. However, that ambition quickly turns into a tide of murder designed to keep Macbeth on the throne.
“I am excited due to having never been involved with a Shakespearean production before. Shakespeare's work has inspired the greatest literary minds of every generation since his productions debuted at The Globe so long ago, and the effect of his works on popular culture current, past, and future is unfathomable. I am proud to be a part of the team bringing Macbeth specifically to Trine's campus,” said student director Austin Baker.
Cast members include:
- Jordan Blank – freshman, English education – Montpelier, Ohio
- Cameron Brown – sophomore, education – Taylor, Michigan
- Jarod Davis – freshman, mechanical engineering – Angola, Indiana
- Jacob McNeal – community member – Hamilton, Indiana
- Haley Reed – senior, electrical engineering – Pendleton, Indiana
- Travis Riddle – sophomore, computer engineering – Stroh, Indiana
- Miranda Scranton – junior, psychology – Hicksville, Ohio
- Kat Seeley – senior, biomedical and mechanical engineering – Bellefontaine, Ohio
- Jan Thomas – community member – Angola, Indiana
- Christopher Vojtko – senior, mechanical engineering – Benton Harbor, Michigan
- Katherine Wettstein – sophomore, chemical engineering – Wheeler, Indiana
- Timothy Hopp, faculty advisor
- Austin Baker, student director – junior, informatics – Greenfield, Indiana
- Colleen Pepple, stage manager – junior, marketing – Columbia City, Indiana
This event is free and open to the public. For more information, contact Austin Baker at firstname.lastname@example.org.