Legendary football coach Lou Holtz and Trine president Earl D. Brooks II, Ph.D., pose with the inaugural Lou Holtz Leadership Institute class along with faculty and staff of the School of Professional Studies.
Fall session begins in September
Trine University’s inaugural Lou Holtz Leadership Institute wrapped up its spring session May 12 and 13.
Legendary football coach, ESPN analyst and Trine University trustee Lou Holtz put his name and leadership style on the Lou Holtz Master of Science in Leadership program, which focuses on Holtz’s three rules: Do right, do the best you can and show people you care.
The first session took place at the Trine University Avon campus. The institution is a 10-week program with courses including areas of management and leadership that reflect upon human relations, engagement, communication and problem-solving. The goal of the institute is to provide a broader opportunity to gain real-world skills in the form of corporate training and certificate programs, in shaping innovation networks, inspiring an innovative culture and managing innovation.
Members of the program were invited to hear Holtz speak March 27 at the T. Furth Center for Performing Arts, Ryan Concert Hall as part of Trine’s Distinguished Speaker Series.
Graduates of the inaugural institute and their employers include:
- Jim Adams, Washington Township
- Ted Allen, Washington Township
- Levi Carpenter, Washington Township
- Joe East, Washington Township
- Bree Emsweller, Massage Envy
- Gerald George, Washington Township
- Stephani Massa, Washington Township
- Nikki Mountembault, Washington Township
- Jason Porter, Washington Township
- Josie Simison, Washington Township
- Dan Smith, Washington Township
- Jeff Thompson, Washington Township
- Kyleen Welling, Office of Lt. Gov. Sue Ellspermann, state of Indiana
The fall session for the Lou Holtz Leadership Institute is scheduled to begin in September. For more information, contact Brett Rogge, director of development and School of Professional Studies placement at firstname.lastname@example.org or 260.665.4982.