- Home >
It's all the 'rave'
Sign up for Trine's new
emergency alert system
Trine University takes campus safety seriously, and as part of continuous efforts to improve communication and security, the university has partnered with Rave Mobile Alerts System to keep you up to date about severe weather, emergencies, closings and other campus information. Effective immediately, Rave will replace Text Alerts as the university’s system.
Rave specializes in higher education emergency communication and serves institutions such as Brown University and University of Massachusetts, among many others. Students, faculty and staff should have received an e-mail notifying them of the university’s partnership with Rave.
Like Text Alerts, Rave will send text messages to mobile devices and e-mail accounts, but we need YOU to update your information with Rave. This service is free and registration will take only a couple minutes.
“Campus communication and safety are our top priorities,” said Trine vice president for student services Randy White. “In addition to registering for this updated feature, we ask that our community members take time to review emergency procedures, which are posted in every building on campus. If you have a concern, please do not hesitate to contact our office.”
To sign up for this service:
- Visit www.getrave.com/login/trine. Use your university e-mail (i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Click FORGOT YOUR PASSWORD. This will generate an e-mail sent to you with a registration link.
- Check your e-mail for a message from email@example.com and click the enclosed link within one hour.
- Follow the instructions to reset your username and password.
- Once you click DONE, you will be taken to your account profile. Be sure to have your cell phone nearby because you will receive a confirmation code via text message.
- Be sure to add your parents’ cell phone numbers or e-mail addresses if they would like to be notified of happenings on campus directly to their mobile device.
- Students will not need to add their cell phone numbers, but faculty and staff will.
Standard or other messaging charges apply depending upon your wireless carrier plan and subscription details. Once registered, you can opt out of SMS messages at any time by texting STOP to 67283 or 226787.
For assistance with Rave, call the Help Desk at (260) 665-4275. If you have a campus safety concern, please contact Kristin Fee, campus safety director, at (260) 665-4543 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To share your news, contact Trine University communication specialist Lindsay Winslow Brown at email@example.com.