Campus Safety encompasses campus protection including: first aid, CPR and emergency response procedures. Campus security officers are on duty 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. They are equipped with radios and cell phones, and have immediate communication with students, as well as local emergency services. Campus safety has also incorporated an Emergency Alert text system that alerts students and staff to campus emergencies. Campus Safety is an extension of the Office of Student Life.
The mission of Trine University Safety Team is to provide a safe and secure learning, living, and working environment while protecting the University's valuable assets.
- Provide a safe and secure environment for all members and guests of the Trine community
- Maintain a high level of cooperation between the Department and local law enforcement agencies
- Provide protection and security for all Trine assets
- Investigate and implement new techniques and means to contribute to a more efficient and effective operation of the department
- Promote the well-being of the University through the enforcement of appropriate state statutes and university policy and regulations
- Provide an active risk management program
- Assist in the coordination of campus risk awareness programming
Trine Safety staff acts as facilitator to those in need, helping them to understand and comply with the University's rules, policies and directives. This is achieved through patience, understanding, and guidance, offered in a firm, fair, and respectful manner. Interaction with students, guests, and staff is conducted with respect to personal dignity, and in an unobtrusive, low-key manner.
Sexual Misconduct / Assault Policies and Processes
Trine University believes in a zero tolerance policy for sexual misconduct. Members of the Trine University community, guests, and visitors have the right to be free from sexual violence. All members of the community are expected to conduct themselves in a manner that does not infringe upon the rights of others. The Trine University Sexual Misconduct/Sexual Assault Policy has been developed to reaffirm these principles and to provide recourse for the individuals whose rights have been violated.
For more information: [ PDF documents ]
Sexual Misconduct / Assault Policy | Sexual Misconduct / Assault Process | Frequently Asked Questions about Sexual Assault Process
To file a complaint: [ PDF documents ]
Appendix A: Judicial Process – Statement
Appendix B: Judicial Process – Complaint Form
Appendix C: Judicial Process – Respondent′s Statement
Appendix D: Confidentiality Statement