No organization can survive without managing its money. Students in the Bachelor of Science in business administration majoring in accounting program at Trine University in Peoria, Arizona get practical, hands-on experience in, and outside of the classroom. Students regularly use software applications, such as Peachtree, and QuickBooks. Sound financial management, cost accounting are key to the strategic objectives and success of a business organization.
Accounting and business faculty come from all walks of life as entrepreneurs, officers within financial institutions, Certified Public Accountants, M.B.A.'s in business administration, management, marketing, business managers, lawyers, corporate and self-employed for-profit and non-profit organizations. These "educators" bring unique perspectives and experience from real life into their academic teaching.
Career possibilities in the field of accounting:
- Public Accounting (Consulting, Auditing, Tax)
- Managerial Accounting (Manufacturing, Retail, Service)
- Governmental Accounting (Municipal, State, Federal)
- Not for Profit Accounting (Education, Charitable, Health Services)
- Forensic Accounting (FBI, IRS)Information Systems (Computer Consulting, Implementation, Training, Internal Auditing)