Others see destruction. You see the need for leadership. Natural disasters and emergencies bring out your desire to help and make a difference in people's lives. The Bachelor of Science with a major in Emergency Management at Trine University in Peoria, Arizona provides you with a wide range of knowledge about emergency and disaster situations and the necessary leadership skills for emergency management professions.
Tackle an emergency situation
Students will focus on the areas of mitigation, preparedness, response and recovery for emergency situations and be equipped to be leaders in an emergency situation, a contributing citizen in the community, and have a diverse knowledge of the field. Graduates will:
- be able to plan, organize, direct and control emergency management functions with the public or private sector
- mitigate, prepare, respond and recover from an emergency in order to protect citizens.
- knowledgeable of intentional, national and technological hazards and disasters.
- knowledge of the public, private and voluntary persons involved in an emergency situation
- create, implement and assess emergency management plans.
Learn more about the degree courses.
A degree that fits
Students will acquire skills and knowledge to deal with disasters or emergency situations. Career opportunities can be found in a wide range of areas: security analysis, safety officer, emergency medical service, hospital emergency management, director of security, EMS, FEMA, Homeland Security, and many others areas.