Trine University wants you to stay connected to your past and network for your future. Whether education has taken you to New York City or led you to start your own company near campus. Here are a few ideas for you to consider:
Join the Thunder Alumni Student Recruitment Program. If you join this program, your goal is to assist Trine in recruiting, yielding, and connecting the best possible students from your home area. As a TASR volunteer, you will have the opportunity to assist in any or all of the following activities:
- Referring prospective students to the admission staff.
- Representing Trine University at local college fairs.
- Contacting prospective students by e-mail, phone or mail.
Become a resource. The Alumni & Friends Resource Network links students to alumni who are interested in facilitating a relationship to share knowledge and industry connections.
Hire a student to work for your company. Visit trinecareers.org to learn more about giving students opportunities to intern, co–op or work at your company. You can also check out upcoming events and a list of companies that currently work with Trine. E-mail Linda Bateman at email@example.com for more information.
Volunteer at or publicize a college fair to local high schools.
To volunteer, contact Sam Hartman at firstname.lastname@example.org. These are a few of the upcoming fairs in Ohio:
- Sunday, Sept. 18, from 1-3:30 p.m. at Otterbein University
- Tuesday, Sept. 20, from 12:30-2 p.m. at Edison Community College, Piqua
- Thursday, Sept. 22, from 6-8 p.m. in Ashville
- Sunday, Sept. 25, from noon to 2 p.m. at Lakeland Community College in Kirtland
- Tuesday, Sept. 27 from 6:30-8 p.m. at The Ohio State University at Mansfield/North Central State College
- Sunday, Oct. 9, from 1:30-3 p.m. at the University of Akron’s student union
- Wednesday, Nov. 2, from 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the University of Dayton Arena.
Host an Alumni Regional Event in your area. Invite alumni and friends to a sporting event, dinner, museum or park. Contact Gretchen Miller at email@example.com for more information.
Cheer for any of Trine′s 22 NCAA Division III teams when they′re visiting a city near you, or return to your alma mater to watch the Thunder in action. Visit www.trine.edu/athletics for schedules and additional information.
Give of your time and resources. By investing in Trine′s students, you are investing in the future. There are multiple opportunities to volunteer on campus and to give. Help at homecoming. Start a scholarship fund. Establish an endowment. You′ve so many options. Contact the office of alumni and development for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 260.665.4114.