Health Information & Resources
Members of the Trine University community are urged to take appropriate precautions to prevent the spread of infection. The ISDH recommends the following:
- Washing hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing. Help young children do the same. (See hand-washing guidlelines from the World Health Organization)
- Using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not readily available. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- Avoiding touching eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Limiting close contact, like kissing and sharing cups or utensils, with people who are sick.
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Covering a cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throwing the tissue in the trash. If you do not have a tissue, use your sleeve (not your hands).
Compass Group also has put best practice procedures in place for employees of Bon Appetit at Trine University.
Cameron Memorial Community Hospital
If you feel you need to be screened for COVID-19, please contact the Steuben County Health Department 260-668-1000 ext. 1500 or Cameron's 24/7 resource line at 260-667-5555 BEFORE visiting ANY healthcare facility, unless you are in emergent distress. The local and state Boards of Health hold the final determination of when patients can and will be tested. They are working around the clock to review every patient that presents. The Cameron resource line was created to educate our community about COVID-19 and to provide guidance and resources.
Please know with the ever-evolving COVID-19 situation restrictions will be evaluated frequently and are subject to change.
Trine University Health Center: 260-665-4585
Urgent Care Angola: (260) 665-8222
Indiana State Department of Health resources
Message from Dr. Lindsay Weaver, State Department of Health Chief Medical Officer - https://www.facebook.com/StateHealthIN/videos/622442735262957/
Director Stephen Cox Emergency Operations Center - https://www.facebook.com/StateHealthIN/videos/952745515141591/
How to help others - https://www.facebook.com/StateHealthIN/videos/219742382558423/
Handwashing - https://www.facebook.com/StateHealthIN/videos/684281745446042/
Message from Dr. Kris Box, Indiana Health Commisioner - https://www.facebook.com/StateHealthIN/videos/1101438700198971/
Social Distancing - https://www.facebook.com/StateHealthIN/videos/200332474622218/
Protect yourself and others - https://www.facebook.com/StateHealthIN/videos/2601356396852930/
Higher risk Hoosiers - https://www.facebook.com/StateHealthIN/videos/2601573760088170/
Experiencing symptoms? - https://www.facebook.com/StateHealthIN/videos/242778070217883/
Enterprise Rent-A-Car is waiving its young renter fee and reducing its minimum age to rent a vehicle to 18 years old. The change is effective now through the end of May in the United States.
With colleges and universities all over the United States announcing campus closures in response to coronavirus (COVID-19) concerns, many students may need last-minute transportation. By reducing the age minimum and waiving the young renter fee, we will be able to help more students access rental cars during this unprecedented event. Taking care of our communities is core to who we are, which we know is more important than ever.
Please see the key notes below. More information will be available to students by visiting enterprise.com/studenttravelassistance or by calling (1-844-624-4412).
- Available to University students 18 – 24 years of age.
- Offer valid at all U.S. locations for rentals reserved in advance.
- Rental must begin on or after 3/13/2020 and end on or before 5/31/2020. Offer expires 5/31/2020. There are no min/max days or blackout dates.
- Official Student ID must be presented at the time of rental.
- Valid only for rentals of an economy through full size cars, minivans, small pick-up trucks and cargo vans.
- Normal payment protocol will be followed.
- Renter and additional driver(s) must meet driver and credit requirements, except for the minimum age per this offer.
- Offer does not apply to applicable taxes, fees, surcharges, refueling, drop-off, delivery, additional driver, pick up, or one-way charges or any optional product or service (such as optional damage waiver of $50 or less per day), which are the responsibility of the Renter.
- This offer cannot be combined with any other discount or special rate and cannot be applied to a previous or existing reservation or rental.